The commandant's house, built from 1665, forms the main entrance to Petersberg Citadel and housed both the fortress commander and the guards. One of the dark chapters of Erfurt's history is also connected with the Kommandantenhaus. Since 1935, a military court or court martial was located here. During the Second World War, this court sentenced about 50 deserters to death.
|